Monday, April 23, 2012

My 3 New Loves

I have 3 new things that I love.

Squash with garlic pepper seasoning
Super easy, but oh, so yummy.
I peel a yellow squash or zucchini, slice it up, spray with a tiny bit of olive oil, then sprinkle with 1 Tbsp. garlic flavored bread crumbs and 2 tsp. Tastefully Simple garlic pepper seasoning (I'm sure you could substitute a pinch of pepper and 1 tsp. garlic powder. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes. Yum!

Broiled Grapefruit
This recipe comes from Sweet Treats and More, one of my new favorite sites for recipes.

Slice a grapefruit in half. Use a knife to separate the fruit from the edges of the peel. Line a pan with foil and place the grapefruit on the pan, with citrus side up. Sprinkle each half with 1/2 Tbsp. brown sugar and a pinch of cinnamon. Place in oven on broil for about 4-6 minutes. Then top with a dollop of plain (or I prefer vanilla flavored) yogurt. This is so delicious! And she has lots of other yummy stuff to try. I made her Earthquake Cake on Saturday and everyone loved it.

And my 3rd new love is a tv show that Alfredo introduced me to. I watch it on Hulu now while I'm jogging on the treadmill ... it is called Awake. A man was in a car accident with his family. Now he wakes up and he is with his wife and his son is dead, then he goes to sleep and wakes up and he's with his son and his wife is dead. He is a police detective (with 2 different partners) and has 2 different shrinks. His cases often overlap between his two lives and he can't tell which life is real and which is a dream. Very interesting show. I'm loving it.

No comments:

Post a Comment