Friday, October 19, 2012

Silly girls

Conversation between Gabby and her friends while with my good friend Sara. I stole this from Sara's facebook page.....

Gabby: Gracie, do you know flu shots?
Gracie: No.
Gabby: You get it in your nose.
Gracie: Oh yeah, I saw a girl wearing one of those before.
Gabby: Me too.
Sofie: I have no idea what you guys are talking about.

So cute. Gabby and her sisters got flu "shots" in August, but they were able to get the flumist which is a nasal spray. It was awesome. Gracie, we think, was picturing/describing someone with a nose ring. Sofie, obviously, was confused by the whole conversation. I adore all of these girls. Gracie was in my Sunbeams class last year, and Sofie is in it with Gabby right now. Love them!

However, on the same day that this silly conversation occurred, I got pretty angry with Gabby. While I was cleaning the kitchen and overseeing the older two girls' homework, Gabby was playing with Sofie. When I walked into my room, Sofie and Gabby had colored all over the wall with marker. I mean, all over. And Gabby had just gotten in trouble two nights before for coloring on the wall. I quickly grabbed wet towels and made them start scrubbing. They were more than half way done when it occurred to me that I should grab my camera and take a photo. So you really can't tell what artists they are! Argh. But I'm pretty sure she learned her lesson. She loves to play with Sofie, Gracie, and our neighbor Alyssa. I told her if she colored on any more walls, not only would she have to clean them, but she wouldn't be able to play with friends for 3 days. To a 4 year old, 3 days is an eternity. So hopefully, all artwork will be on paper from this point on.



1 comment:

  1. I just thought about this story today. Shon spent the afternoon scrubbing ink off the wood of his bed. A few days ago, he needed a "break" down on his bed. He was angry and wrote with pen "evry pepol is mean to me." I'm sure Gabby will never do it again. Let's hope the same for Shon.

    I just love your blog. I love the way you word things. You should be a writer.

    ReplyDelete