Thursday, October 18, 2012

Treehouse Museum

It is UEA weekend, a five day weekend for my girls and I. I am really enjoying the time off with my kids. Since I have laryngitis right now, the break came at an opportune time for me.

Yesterday, we went to the Treehouse Museum in Ogden. We have been to this children's museum before, but it has been about two years. I wasn't sure if Michelle would still enjoy it or if she'd feel like she was too big. But she had a great time. All three of the girls did.

They played in the Great Britain house for quite awhile...cooking and cleaning in the kitchen.



Gabby played with dinosaurs while Michelle, Ella and I drew dinosaurs.





They played school, they "rode" horses, Michelle put on a puppet show. Gabby played with farm animals and farm equipment. They played with musical instruments. They pretended to be President, put together a flag puzzle, played a game with the map of the US where it gave facts and they went to stand on the place it described. We made little pumpkin books in the art room. They giggled, talked, created, imagined, and played happily for a little over two hours. It was fun to watch them interact with each other, and fun to see Gabby go off on her own at times and do her own thing. It is fun to see them be little kids, as I know that I don't have too much longer with Michelle being little. She is heading into her tween years and already balances between being fairly mature and responsible and still being an innocent, fun-loving child.












No comments:

Post a Comment