Friday, January 4, 2013

New Years Eve

This year, we went to our dear friends' home for New Years Eve. Jeremy and Stacie had prepared



a wonderful dinner...prime rib, delicious mashed potatoes, shrimp, pasta, and cream puffs and cookies for dessert. Such a nice dinner. The kids played happily for hours, and we visited and ate and talked and laughed and did fireworks and had a great time.







We went to Alfredo's aunt's house afterward for about an hour to wish all of them a Happy New Year. Traditionally, we have spent New Year's Eve with them. In the past 12 years, this is only the second time that we didn't spend the whole evening at their house. But we did get to visit for awhile and give our love to them.

New Years Eve always seems a little strange to me...I really do set goals for each year and try to improve. But it seems a little odd that such a big deal is made about one day... it seems a little dramatic to feel like one day...the turning of a calendar page... makes such a big deal. At least that has been how it has felt in the past. This year, my emotions are much closer to the surface and it did feel more momentous. I am excited for 2013 and the changes it will bring. I am so thankful to have so many wonderful people in my life and so many opportunities to look forward to.

(I also want to add that on New Year's Eve, several people sent me good wishes on Facebook and I thanked them. Then I responded that my goal for the day was to stop crying and clean my house. I am happy to report that I did eventually stop crying...at least most of the day... and I did get my house clean.... Hooray! I have got to get a bit of a handle on my emotions because I think my kids are starting to worry about me. There have been a lot of tears, but they are good tears.)

1 comment:

  1. Gabby told me that she "held one of those stick thingies" and that she got to twirl it around, and then...she got another one! Cute! I agree with you on the whole new year's thing. It does seem strange to make a big fuss over 1 day. That being said, it's a good excuse to get together with friends and eat yummy food!

    ReplyDelete