Friday, June 28, 2013

The Rainbow Book

I heard about this gorgeous book on Deep Space Sparkle.


Each page describes how the child feels on different days. "When I feel red, I am fiery and bold." Then it has beautiful cutouts so that each color of the rainbow shows through a bit on the first page and each page highlights one color and the corresponding emotions. Simply gorgeous.

So after reading it, I thought my children could do something similar. Essentially we created snowflakes in each rainbow color and then put them together to create a similar effect. They aren't quite as gorgeous, but still quite wonderful. We shared ideas for how you might feel on different days. I helped my 4 year old quite a bit.


We really should go back to them now and add our own sentences about feelings.

No comments:

Post a Comment