Sunday, July 19, 2015

Fourth of July!

On the 4th of July, we went to the Museum of Natural Curiosity at Thanksgiving Point.  It was a fabulous day to go...the least crowded I have ever seen it.  One of the employees had her bearded dragon there and the kids all enjoyed petting it and learning about it.  They played inside and outside and learned and explored.  It was really a great time.  And the weather was a bit cooler which made the outside gardens more pleasant.


My girls with new 4th of July shirts!


My wonderful mom and stepdad.  I am so blessed to have them as my parents, my role models, my friends, my children's grandparents, and my examples.




All the kids loved the zip line.  Gabby has always been too nervous to try it, but she tried it this time and loved it!  Everyone went on it a couple of times.

Love Hannah's smile and the joy on her face!

Nathan even gave the zip line a try.




 That evening, we had a BBQ at our house.  Alfredo made his delicious ribs.  We had homemade pico de gallo, my rice, potato salad, green salad, watermelon, squash, and other delicious food.  We celebrated our great nation, but we also celebrated my mom, Mike and Hannah's birthdays!  They are all born in the first week of July.





 We did a few fireworks, but it got pretty windy and began to rain just a little bit.  So we put most of the fireworks on hold until Monday evening.   Such a great day.  So much to give thanks for...family, food, fireworks, freedom, fun and much, much more.






No comments:

Post a Comment