Monday, July 20, 2015

Ordinary Moments


Well, that's what life is - this collection of extraordinarily ordinary moments. We just need to pay attention to them all. Wake up and pay attention to how beautiful it all is.
One of the things that I love most about having family visit is paying attention to the ordinary moments.  Moments that perhaps would not be photograph-worthy or would not catch my attention if my family weren't around.  Moments when I sit with my two sisters and talk.  Moments when a favorite memory from the past is shared.  Moments when cousins sit side by side and play happily.  Watching my niece use her imagination.  Going to a movie with grandma and grandpa.  Having a silly string war.  Moments when the family is just relaxing, perhaps not even speaking, but sitting near one another, just being together.  Because we don't live close by, these seemingly ordinary moments are quite extraordinary and I appreciate all the more how special they are.  It would be nice if we lived closer together but I treasure each moment we do get to spend together.















I love these lyrics from the song "Little Wonders" which was in Disney's movie Meet the Robinsons:
Let it slide
Let your troubles fall behind you
Let it shine
Till you feel it all around you
And I don't mind
If it's me you need to turn to
We'll get by
It's the heart that really matters in the end 

Our lives are made
In these small hours
These little wonders
These twists and turns of fate
Time falls away
But these small hours
These small hours still remain.
****
Grateful for these ordinary moments, these small hours, with those I love most! 

No comments:

Post a Comment