Sunday, September 17, 2017

San Diego: Day 1

My mom, my sisters and I planned to take a trip to San Diego the second weekend of August. We've never done something like that before.  Unfortunately, Rebecca ended up not being able to come on our girls' trip to San Diego.  Suzy and I left early Thursday morning and began driving to San Diego.  It was fun to have a chance to talk and visit.  Suzy had brought a book on CD that we listened to together and I quite enjoyed it.  (We only heard about the first half on the drive there and then finished it on the drive home.) The drive went well until we got about 45 minutes from the airport...and then we hit really bad traffic and pretty much got stuck for an hour and barely moved.  But finally we made it to the airport to pick up Mom.  Then we went to Old Town because it is right by the airport and we were ready to be out of the car.  We first went to the Mormon Battalion Museum, run by the church.  It was awesome...so well done.  My girls would have really enjoyed it...some day I'll have to take them there.


 After the Mormon Battalion Museum, we walked around Old Town.  We bought some food (I got soup and a sandwich and it was delicious!) and looked at the shops.  It was late enough that the buildings you can tour were closed, but it was fun to see the town and spend time together.

After walking around for awhile, we headed to our AirBnB and got a good night's rest.  

No comments:

Post a Comment