Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Arizona

Our trip to Arizona was great! Ella felt somewhat better for the flight down there, and we made it safely and without problems. We had a wonderful time with my family. We had loads of fun and did plenty of sweating (can you believe it was about 100 degrees this weekend!)

The highlights of our trip:
playing the piano...with grandma, with aunt Suzy and just by themselves (Michelle learned a couple of songs while we were there...I wish I had a piano for her to practice on...and if we lived in AZ, her aunt Suzy could give her lessons... oh, well, maybe in a year or two...we can get a piano, not move to AZ)

getting our faces decorated by Aunt Suzy with face paint and stickers that grandma bought



spending time with Grandma, Grandpa, Suzy... lots of reading, cuddling, playing, helping Grandma plant a garden, and so on

attending my 15 year high school reunion. It was fun to see so many people and see their families and to get updates on what people are doing now. I think we've turned out quite well as a class, and I loved seeing old friends.



Going to the Mesa Temple and taking a few photos






Going to the Phoenix zoo and seeing all the animals there...It is HUGE! We saw less than half of it in 2 hours, but after 2 hours, everyone was hot and tired.

While at the zoo, and many places, I pointed out all the cool cactus and other plants that are native to Arizona that my children don't often see.



Attending my cousin's wedding reception... and seeing lots of extended family that I rarely get to see since I live in Utah. My cousin's daughter Ari is just a couple of months older than Michelle and Michelle, Ari, and Ella had so much fun playing and dancing together at the reception. I loved visiting with my Aunt Jane and Aunt Julia and Uncle Karl and my cousin Amy. I can't believe Amy's daughter Lauren is almost 13. The last time I saw her she was maybe Ella's age. And, of course,I am very happy for my cousin Michael and his new wife Katie!

2 comments:

  1. WOW~ Looks like you packed a lot into your trip! That's great! :) I'm glad little Ella Bella Boo is feeling better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That zoo looks AMAZING! Great pics. Tell your girls they can come play the piano at our house any time they would like. It is one of Austin & Olivia's favorite things to do also! Speaking of Austin & Olivia....they are at your house right now and I should probably come get them for dinner. Thanks for letting them play. Maybe your girls could come over to our house in the next couple of days.

    ReplyDelete