Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween

Our Halloween was BUSY! The girls had their Primary Halloween activity in the morning. They played games, decorated cupcakes and helped tie blankets for the Ronald McDonald House. They got to dress up in their costumes, which they thought was fun. Ella was being super shy and clingy but Michelle had a great time. Ella warmed up by the end.


Then that afternoon we headed to a birthday party for Lily. Her birthday is on Halloween, and so they were able to wear costumes to that too. They had a great time playing in her backyard and enjoyed her spider cupcakes.

Then after a quick dinner, Michelle and Alfredo carved pumpkins and Ella and Gabrielle napped. Gabrielle has been sick all week, so she stayed home with Alfredo. Michelle and I met a bunch of friends from our neighborhood and trick-or-treated with them. When Ella finally woke up from her nap, I picked her up to join us. Then we separated from them, picked up another friend and finished trick or treating on our street. The kids got so much candy this year...way more than ever before.




My kids definitely have a sweet tooth like their mommy. But I was so happy to hear Michelle say several times, "Church is way better than candy." (Except when we stopped at the Carlson's, and she switched it to candy is way better than church...but she didn't mean it that way.) Even on Sunday, she told several people that church is better than candy. And she really means that. Michelle loves church.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking Kodi with you. You don't know how much that helped me. I told Dan that you were an answer to my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a GREAT time! LOVED Michelle's expressions on the Red Ribbon Week hair-do pics! TOO. MUCH. FUN!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun pictures!! I'm trying to figure out what the little girl on the bottom right of your collage was. I know...I'm a little slow.

    Anyway, sounds like your halloween celebrations were a real treat! Happy be-lated Halloween!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your girls are so adorable, and they looked BEAUTIFUL in their costumes! We had so much fun with you guys, I am so glad that you came with us. The collage looks great, I need to learn how to make those...I couldn't figure out how to get everyone on my blog post this time with SO MANY pictures!

    ReplyDelete