Thursday, November 5, 2009

4 Things: Proud Mommy Monday

So here's my entry for this month's Proud Mommy Monday (yes, it's now a monthly meme...first Monday of each month, join Shannonfor Proud Mommy Monday and see what other moms are doing right!)

I have been trying to figure out what I could say...and this feels a little like cheating, but here are a few little things that I think I usually do a good job at:

1. I feed my kids lots of fruits and quite a few vegetables and they eat them. (Gabrielle has recently fallen in love with pomegranate!) Michelle and Ella happily eat salad (as long as it has ranch dressing). They will eat nearly any fruit and a number of vegetables.

2. I make sure Michelle does her homework each night.

3. I have tried to teach my children to say "please" and "thank you". They aren't perfect at it (neither am I) but we're all improving.

4. I watch what I say. I try to set a good example. This includes not saying bad words, but also just being careful how I phrase things... awhile back I used to say, "I'll kill you if you do ______". Of course, I didn't mean it but when one of the girls picked up on it, I worked valiantly to dispose of that phrase...it still slips out ocassionally, but not often. I try to be careful to not say negative things about others or myself (I"m not perfect at this, but I try) in front of them. And so on.

So there you have it. Those are the things that I'm doing reasonably well at right now.

5 comments:

  1. It's always so fun to read your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so, ya! Can you teach ME how to NOT say bad words? I'm trying to learn nice words to replace them with, but, ya know... that kind of habit is hard to break! I'm just sayin'! Thanks for participating! Pleases and thank yous are so important... I'll have to tell you a story! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is hilarious Jenny...somehow I can't even picture you saying, "I'll kill you if you do that"! That is a very good example to set, I need to be better about bad words on my "off" days:).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ya, i'm with Aly, I can't imagine you saying "I'll kill you if you..."
    You are certainly doing things to be proud of! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hee, hee- I guess I'm the only one who can totally picture you saying "I'll kill you if..." (Maybe cuz I've heard you say it so many times, although not to your kids... :)
    But I guess being the sister gives me a few advantages, huh?

    ReplyDelete