Saturday, November 21, 2009

Have I mentioned...

that I love my neighbors!!! I seriously love where I live. My house is not the newest or biggest. I don't drive a fancy car. But I live in the best neighborhood. I feel safe. I feel cared for. I love it here!

Here are a few reasons to love my neighborhood:

1. My kids have lots of friends to play with. Today the girls had two different friends come over to play.

2. Today I posted on Facebook that my sink had broken and Alfredo is out of town. A neighbor called this afternoon and came over to fix it. Another neighbor/friend offered to have her husband come over tonight to fix it after he got home from work. (Thank you for the offer Shannon!) My dad also called to see if I needed help.

3. My block always has a Christmas party. It is so much fun. We go to 3 or 4 different houses for salad, dinner, dessert and a white elephant gift exchange. We laugh, we visit, we have so much fun sans kids. We look forward to it every year. We were so sad that we couldn't make it last year. It is really a lot of fun. It's in a couple of weeks. Can't wait!

4. Another neighbor/friend asked if I wanted clothes for Michelle that her daughter had outgrown. She brought over a big bag of adorable clothes and shoes today. I've had 3 or 4 different friends pass on clothes to us.

I know I have said it before, but I am so grateful for such great friends and neighbors!!!

5 comments:

  1. You do live in a great neighborhood! I'm so glad you had great friends help you with your sink!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We really do have the very best neighborhood! Even if Chuck ever made a ton more money we wouldn't move--there isn't another place that we could have these wonderful friends and relationships.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You ARE lucky! I love my home, and the neighbors I know, I love, but there are no kids really for my younger kids to play with. Most of the time, they hang out or fight with each other, or they play with the pets. Having my kids at a charter school doesn't help that either. :( Oh well, you take the good, you take the bad, you take them both and there you have...the facts of life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww... I really do feel the same about our neighborhood! It's a great place to live! And, in a big part, because you live here too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Shannon. You have great neighbors because YOU are a great neighbor. I'm excited for the Christmas party too.

    ReplyDelete