Sunday, May 13, 2012

Gabby's art


Gabby loves to paint. She really loves to paint. I probably don't get the paints out as often as I should...although I do get them out at least 2-3 times per month and more in the summer. Most of the time her art is very abstract...it doesn't usually resemble anything at all...and I'm not really sure she is trying to make it look like anything specific. She does love to paint for specific people...making a painting for her dad or for me or for one of her sisters.

A week ago on Saturday, she painted and I watched for a minute then left the room to get some housework done. When I came back awhile later, she had finished painting and had created a painting for her dad that somehow really touched me. She'd put her handprints all over the paper. I'm not sure if it was because of the colors, the fact that it was her handprints, or something else, but I find this painting so beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment