Friday, May 25, 2012

Nifty Nine

It is hard for me to believe that Michelle is nine. But her ninth birthday was nearly 2 weeks ago. She is growing so quickly and turning into such a beautiful girl, inside and out. She is very good about helping me clean and is generally kind to her sisters. She is getting better and better at playing the piano and violin.

On her actual birthday, she wanted to go to Carls Jr. for dinner. After dinner at Carls Jr., we got ice cream at Cold Stone Creamery. I didn't bring my camera, so there are no pictures.

For her primary spotlight on her birthday, here were her answers:

Favorite color: pink and purple
Favorite food: Panda Express
Favorite dessert: ice cream cake
Favorite book: Diary of a Wimpy Kid
Favorite scripture story: David and Goliath
Favorite person: her sisters (I love that both Michelle and Ella said their favorite person was their sisters! Watching their relationship develop is one of my favorite parts of being a parent. Not that there isn't bickering at times, but they are usually so sweet with one another.)
Favorite thing to do in the winter: go sledding
Favorite thing to do in the summer: go swimming
What I like best about myself: I am very kind. I just ran 3.1 miles.
What my parents like best about me: She works hard, she is helpful, and she has many talents.
What I want to be when I grow up: an artist or doctor
What I like best about Primary: I get to say talks.

*I just want to record a cute thing about Michelle. When she was at violin lessons a couple of weeks ago, one of the other students had been hurt falling down stairs so the violin teacher had her make a card. As she finished the card, she said that she used to want to be a teacher or a doctor. Or maybe a performer (like a singer or musician). But, she said, "I didn't know I could draw so good. Maybe I'll be an artist." I love that she has so many aspirations and that she and Ella regularly talk about college. Just yesterday they kind of lectured a friend (who is only in kindergarten) that she must go to college when she gets bigger. The friend seemed uncertain whether she needed to, since she is planning to be a singer. They assured her that she needed to go to college to be a singer or to get any kind of good job. Love it! :) Education is not the most important thing in life, but in my opinion it is a very high priority...after all, your character and your knowledge are all you take with you when you leave this life.

Happy birthday to my beautiful, nifty nine year old.

No comments:

Post a Comment