Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Inspiration

I am trying to be more aware of the hand of the Lord in my life, so I decided I better record this prompting right now. I was hanging up clean laundry, thinking about how stressed I am feeling right now with the end of school approaching, so many things to do and testing, testing, testing. I try hard to find ways to lower my stressm(exercise, read, prioritize) and try hard not to let my stress affect my interactions with my children...but reality is that it does moe often than I would like.

Suddenly I remembered asking my friend Cyndie how to teach children gratitude and the thought came so strongly that I need to model it in my thoughts and actions. And, in particular, that I need my children to hear on a regular basis why I am grateful for them. This will help them learn gratitude, but it will also increase the love and peace in our home and will help them see that being their mother brings me great joy. Gratitude's importance in my life is something I know and yet find that I have to be reminded of frequently.

No comments:

Post a Comment