Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Michelle on the Run (Guest Post by Michelle)


Before the race photos:

Michelle with her running partner, Amber.

The Jackson running team! Go Cougars! (And I, Jenny, can especially cheer that, since I am a BYU grad and a loyal Cougar fan. :))




I just ran 3.1 miles last Saturday. It was hard but I kept going. We went around Sugarhouse Park two times and came to the finish line. My leaders were Cindy F., Cindy H. and Silvia. I did the race in 45 minutes with my partner Amber, and we almost ran the whole thing. I liked having two different spots where my family said go Michelle! I felt happy when I finished.

From Girls on the Run, I learned about peer pressure and keeping your body healthy. To do that, you need to stretch and play a lot of games to keep your health up. They talked about nutrition and eating healthy foods like bananas, any kind of fruit or vegetable and only sometimes eat bad foods. I learned to be kind to everybody else. I learned to always drink a lot of water so you don't get dehydrated. To keep your body healthy you need to stretch and do the things that I wrote.

I saw my friend Iree again. She used to go to Jackson, but now she goes to Bonneville.

During and after the race photos:






*Note from Jenny: Michelle did a great job! She is a good runner and has said she'd like to do another 5K. The Girls on the Run is a great program, and I hope she'll be able to do it again. There were a lot of girls there from a number of schools around Salt Lake. There was a band playing music, there was face painting and booths with food and snacks. The coaches gave the girls Cougar headbands, bells for their shoes and painted their faces. I also had a nice visit with Ella's teacher, Janna. Afterward, we took the girls to lunch at Arby's and then went to see the movie The Secret World of Arriety.

Ella and her friend Zoe with their faces painted:


Michelle with her sisters:


Our friend Annette was a running partner for Rose Park. My vice principal was also a running partner. Such fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment