Monday, February 2, 2009

2 more crazy things about me

I totally don't mind being pregnant. I could be pregnant over and over. There is just something so remarkable about knowing that a child is growing inside you. But raising kids is hard and expensive and we probably won't have any more kids. This makes me a little sad. I would probably even consider being a surrogate except that I don't know if I could carry a baby and then give it up (even if it wasn't biologically mine) and also, probably people would think I was weird and I would probably worry about what people were thinking about me. Is that strange that I would even consider it?

My family mirrors almost completely the family I grew up in. I had two sisters. Rebecca and I were born 2 years apart. Then a little more than 3 years after Rebecca, my sister Suzy was born. (I'm the oldest.) Michelle and Ella are 2 years apart. Gabrielle is a little more than 3 years younger than Ella. Crazy, eh?

3 comments:

  1. I think the "weird" part of this post is that you said you liked to be pregnant! My Mom said that she felt the same way, and I think it's just plain weird!!! Don't worry about what I think about you, there are LOTS of things about me that you would think are werid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I know that is probably weird. But, Jill, I know you had hard pregnancies. I have pretty easy, healthy ones. In fact, for some reason, I'm probably healthier when I'm pregnant... I actually exercise more when pregnant and I know i eat better (although other than my addiction to sweets I'm a fairly healthy eater). And it really is remarkable to think about what your body is capable of. And to feel that baby inside of you. And to wonder what he/she (she in my case!) will look like, act like, be. It's an amazing experience, I think. It's something that I don't really feel ready to be done with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I may think it's weird to say that you like being pregnant, but I understand having a hard time letting go of having more children. Admitting that "we're done" was hard for me, even though my doctor told me that if I got pregnant again it "wouldn't be smart". As difficult as my pregnancies were, I'd go through so much more for any of my children. They are worth every minute of torture!! The one thing I did love about being pregnant was feeling a baby move. That is amazing!! Having kids is such a personal decision, what is right for one isn't right for another. Listen to your instincts, they are always right.

    ReplyDelete