Saturday, January 31, 2009

25 things about me

I did this on facebook (finally). I stole Brandi's idea to also put it on here.

Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. I'm not tagging anyone here (I did on facebook, but feel free to do it if you want to.)


1. I have now been teaching for 11 years.
2. My husband is from Costa Rica. While several of his aunts and uncles and cousins live here in the US, his immediate family lives in Costa Rica and I have yet to meet them. (After 7 1/2 years of marriage!)
3. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to read. It could probably be considered an obsession. I usually finish at least a book a week (before child number 3 it was closer to 2 most weeks.)
4. Having my second child at home on my couch (not on purpose) changed my whole perception of myself. It made me feel so strong and like I could do just about anything. Particularly when I was also able to have my third child drug-free.
5. About 2 years ago I had to have 2 wisdom teeth pulled. The dentist asked if I wanted anesthesia or laughing gas or anything. I said no. I figured if I could have a baby without drugs, I could have 2 teeth pulled. And I did. And it wasn't that bad at all.
6. I have traveled to Korea and to 9 countries in Europe. I wish I could travel even more. I love it!
7. However, when I first came to college the only places I'd ever been in my whole life were Utah, Arizona and California! In one day I doubled the number of states I'd been in by going to Yellowstone (Idaho, Wyoming and Montana...although obviously, I only saw small parst of these states.)
8. Once a month, I cook about 20 or so meals and freeze them. Then I don't have to cook on weeknights after work.
9. I wish I was more organized. I keep my house fairly clean, but I'm not that organized and wish it was cleaner.
10. I adore my children. I think they are sweet, smart, beautiful and usually well-behaved.
11. I think 3 is my least favorite age. Tantrums seem worse at 3 then at 2. And my 3 year old doesn't believe in sleeping. She never really has. (Don't get me wrong. I still love her and think she is a sweetheart, but she has her moments.)
12. I used to read books on how to teach reading FOR FUN! I really haven't done that for the past couple of years. I've gotten busier and reached saturation point a little bit. I can't possibly do all that I think I should.
13. I spend too much time comparing myself to others. I shouldn't, I know. But I do.
14. I get hurt easily. My stepdad always told me I wore my heart on my sleeve. But I can usually forgive pretty easily too.
15. I care deeply about the students I teach. I am passionate. I bring my work home with me. I want my students to succeed. I believe in public education. I think I am a good teacher. I think most teachers are doing a good job.
16. I don't like to exercise.
17. I love chocolate and sweets. Number 16 and 17 are probably why I lost most of my pregnancy weight within the first 2 or 3 weeks and haven't lost a pound since.
18. I love to blog. (panamenos.blogspot.com)
19. My husband still surprises me sometimes with roses or flowers for no reason at all... just because he loves me.
20. Michelle is attending a dual immersion school where she learns in English and Spanish. She is doing really well. She is in kindergarten and is learning to read in Spanish and English. I love seeing her excitement for learning.
21. I don't like my hair. It is wavy but not really curly. It gets frizzy easily. It is thin. I often sit in church and look at other people's hair thinking, "Oh, I'd like my hair to look like that." Even when I've tried to get a similar cut to someone I know, I don't think it ever ends up looking the same though. Oh well.
22. Hmm... what else to say? Let's see... my favorites.... color: blue, book: too many to name, A Wrinkle in Time is one of them, music: country, movies: romantic comedies (I really like Hitch)
23. My mom and grandpa are my heroes.
24. I once went trick-or-treating with my sister when it wasn't Halloween. We were little and went to several neighbor's houses and said "trick or treat" and even got candy from a few.
25. I don't mind speaking in church, teaching classes, even giving presentations at work, but hate going to parties/gatherings where I don't know people and trying to meet people and talk. Maybe it is because I can prepare for the former and not the latter. Maybe it is because I'm a born teacher. Maybe it is because I am still a little shy. Who knows?
That is me!

2 comments:

  1. our cardiologist is Dr. Robert Gray, he is really great and took good care of us, he was slightly worried about the size of her valve saying is was bigger then it should be, but he said we would see if it would just grow as she did, so we will see, hopefully we wont need surgery again, although we were lucking and it was open heart, I am sure it was scary for you to do that, has she had any other problems with her heart since her surgery??

    ReplyDelete