Sunday, June 28, 2009

West Fest

Michelle, Ella and I spent the afternoon at West Fest yesterday. It is basically a big fair. I thought it was costly, but the girls had fun. They had quite a few rides for the kids. With admission, we got 15 tokens, so we were able to play a couple of games and get snow cones and a pretzel. Later I bought them each an ice cream cone. Their favorite ride was the Tornado. I thought it might be a little scary for Ella, but she loved it. She wanted to ride it over and over...we ended up going on it 3 times. She would raise her hands in the air and scream joyfully. I got a kick out of the fun house. It's been a long time since I've been in one, and Ella and I went together. In one mirror, it made me look incredibly tall and thin (that's why I liked it:)) but at the same time, Ella looked short and her head was HUGE!

Michelle, of course, exhibited no fear. She was disappointed to be too small for a couple of rides, but it was good she was because Ella and I would have been too scared to go on them. The only ride Michelle said looked too scary was the Kamikaze.

I didn't take my camera, so I don't have photos, but it was a fun filled afternoon, followed by a great bbq with Alfredo's aunts, uncles, and cousins at our house last night.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great time! We never go to West Fest, because it always falls on the same weekend as the Arts Festival and, well, frankly, we cannot afford to do BOTH! ;)

    ReplyDelete