Thursday, June 25, 2009

What do you do in the summertime?

Oh, what do you do in the summertime, when all the world is green?
Do you swim in a pool, to keep yourself cool, or swing in a tree up high?
Is that what you do? So do I!
--From LDS children's songbook, by Dorothy S. Andersen *I've found myself singing this song in my head for at least a week now, so I had to include part of it.

Summertime is my favorite. Well, spring is actually my favorite season, but I have the most fun in summer when I am off work, home with my kiddos and get to feel like a stay at home mom for a couple of months. And because it is only for 2 months, we pack in a lot of fun and many activities during those months.

We have been to Chuck E. Cheese to eat and play:


Right before school ended, on Memorial Day weekend, Alfredo and I took the girls to the Classic Fun Center where they had a great time on the slides and bounce houses.




Yesterday, my kids were so excited. We went to the Veteran's Memorial Park in West Jordan. It is so FUN!! There is a huge play area that looks almost like a castle. There are swings, including a tire swing that my kids loved. And in addition to the castle area, there are four other smaller playgrounds that my kids actually liked even more. We spent 2 1/2 hours there yesterday. This is the coolest park ever.







We have made sugar cookies with a bunch of friends from the neighborhood (I think there were 7 kids here that day, but maybe only six):





We play with lots of friends, including our darling friend, Aelora, who got to come to our house to play every day for a week while her mommy took a class. Her mommy, Brenda, is my colleague and one of my closest friends and Aelora and Ella were born 8 days apart.


We also love to play at parks. The girls love to swing, climb and swing on monkey bars and go down slides.




And my kids eat tons of popsicles, drink lots of water and kool-aid, spend countless hours riding their bikes, trikes and scooters, and play with friends nearly every day. We also visit the library, go swimming ocassionally, go to museums (a post about our trip to Treehouse Museum will follow in the next couple of days and then I'm caught up on my blogging), read countless books, watch movies, cuddle, laugh, and LOVE being home together!!

2 comments:

  1. It IS the best time of year, isn't it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys sure know how to pack in the fun!!!
    We LOVE spending time at the pool in the summer! (But we haven't been yet)
    The girls have been building forts outside, playing on the slip and slide, taking care of the puppy, learning how to make dog treats, etc. I'm excited to have more fun times!

    ReplyDelete