Sunday, April 3, 2011

Gabby at 2 1/2

Gabby has such a personality! She continually makes us shake our heads and laugh. She talks so much...tells stories and says things that you wouldn't expect a 2 year old to say. A couple of examples, sometimes when you ask her a question, she'll respond, "Possibly." A couple of days ago, she smiled at me and said, "I'm sassy." (That's true!) She knows what she likes (such as "Signing Time with Alex and Leah"--she asks to watch this by signing the opening line from their title song in the cutest voice) and what she doesn't (eggs) and she lets you know too.

I know I've mentioned this before, but she loves vegetables and fruits. Right now tomatoes are a particular favorite which she asks for almost daily. She's upset if I run out. She's the only one of my kids that will eat tomatoes and last weekend when we had pico de gallo, she ate a bowlful of it...even drinking the tomato juice at the bottom. :)



She loves to paint. I mean LOVES to paint. She asks to paint at least once every day...sometimes 2 or 3 times per day. She also likes play-dough.

She is about halfway potty trained. A few days ago, she said to me, "Mommy, potty train me NOW!" I'm of the philosophy that potty training is a natural progression and that it should happen when kids are ready..and that they can mostly do it themselves when they are ready. So when she asks to go to the toilet, I take her...and she usually goes when she sits there. But about half the time she still goes in her diaper. And I'm okay with that. It will happen eventually. No reason to stress either of us out about it. But she is happy when she goes in the toilet so we'll keep letting her go, of course, but just following her lead.

She is growing up too fast for my liking. But she still loves to cuddle and she still loves her pacifier. (Sadly, her days with it are numbered. As soon as summer comes, it's going bye-bye.)



This past Tuesday, we had a play date with several neighbors with 2 & 3 year olds. When I was telling her about it ahead of time, she said she did NOT want friends to come. When I told her who was coming, she told me emphatically, "They are NOT my friends." But she happily played with them while they were here and a few minutes after they left, she told me to have them come back. She could name all of their names and has talked about them several times since then. :)

Oh, and Gabby loves to help clean. She wants to wash dishes, vacuum, use windex on mirrors or our glass table and really do whatever I'm doing to clean. If I can, I let her help.

No comments:

Post a Comment