Thursday, August 18, 2011

Jackson Hole

For our tenth anniversary, Alfredo and I took a 3 day, 2 night trip to Jackson Hole, Wyoming. It was really our first time away from the kids, and it was wonderful! I'm so grateful to Aly, who watched our girls for us while we were gone. The girls had such a great time there...and we had a wonderful, relaxing, fun time in Jackson.

We left Friday morning to drive there. My sister left for Canada just a few minutes before we left...so on the drive up we passed them. We stopped at a rest stop so I could use the bathroom and a minute later my sister and her kids pulled in...so I got to say one final goodbye!

When we got to Jackson, we ate lunch at a Chinese restaurant. The food was only okay, but we did get fortune cookies with fun fortunes. Mine said, "He who has imagination without learning has wings but no feet." Alfredo thought that was appropriate since I spend my days teaching children...helping them to gain their footing (and I hope their wings too!) Alfredo's said, "An exciting opportunity lies ahead if you are not timid." This seemed appropriate for 2 reasons...first, we were going white water rafting the next morning...and also, because he recently started a new position at work...we think and hope it will be an exciting opportunity...but as it is a sales position, he will have to not be timid...not that this is a concern for Alfredo. He is not a timid person.

Then we spent a couple hours wandering around Jackson and doing some shopping. One store was closing down and I got 2 cute shirts for $15. We also found cute jammies for our girls. Here are a few photos of wandering around Jackson:




Shopping, we saw several t-shirts with funny slogans. Here are the 2 I wrote down to remember:

"You see a cute little deer. I see a couple of steaks and a leather jacket." (I totally see the cute little deer...we both do, but this made us laugh out loud and we quoted it all weekend.)

Second: "Vision...the ability to see yourself surviving the (crazy) thing you're about to do."... (I substituted crazy for their profanity... but as we were about to go white water rafting...this struck me as an interesting way of looking at vision.)
Then we drove to Teton Village. We rode the Bridger Gondola up the mountain and ate dinner at the Deck. I had gotten car sick and just didn't feel real good, so I mostly just enjoyed the beautiful view and visiting with Alfredo. It was so beautiful up there...peaceful and beautiful. Bridger Gondola:







That was the first day of our trip. Then we drove the hour trip to our hotel in Pinedale (because it was much cheaper than any similar hotel in Jackson...) and it was a pretty drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment