Monday, January 16, 2012

Sledding

Today, since it snowed and the girls and I are off (for Martin Luther King Jr. Day), I took the girls sledding. Ella got a sled for Christmas from my Aunt Elaine. So we decided to put it to use. I'm a little embarrassed to admit that this is the first time I've taken my kids sledding. I do think they've gone a few times with their old babysitter when Michelle and Ella were preschool age...but this is the first time I've taken them, the first time they can actually remember going! I am not a cold weather person and really don't enjoy being in the snow. But sledding is fun and growing up in Utah, it's the kind of activity they should have some memories of.





First, we met Alfredo at Chick-Fil-A and had lunch (he, unfortunately, had to work today). The girls thought it was fun to see the cow there.

Then we bundled all up and headed for a nearby park to sled down the hill. Ella was nervous, so I went first. Gabby went once with me, but hated it. Ella did it a few times but would only go half way up the hill. She got cold fast and didn't really love it. But Michelle had a blast. She went down that hill, over and over and over again.




We'll definitely repeat it some time...maybe on a day when we can leave Gabby home with Alfredo.

No comments:

Post a Comment