Sunday, May 18, 2014

Funeral

Alfredo's grndma's funeral was nice. It was held at Valley View mortuary in their chapel. Alfredo said the family prayer. My sister Suzy was kind enough to play prelude music. Alfredo's cousin Patty conducted the Service. Alfredo's aunt Miriam spoke about abuela and the resurrection. Michelle played "I am a Child of God" on the violin, accompanied by Suzy. A pastor spoke about Jesus Christ. It was a beautiful Service.

Afterward, we had a short graveside Service and then we had a luncheon in my backyard. My prayers were answered. That morning, I was mowing the lawn in preparation for the luncheon. As I was mowing, it began to hail. It rained, hailed and there were even small snowflakes drifting down. I prayed that the weather would clear, because my house is not big enough to have 50 or so people inside for the luncheon. It stopped long enough for me to mow the lawn, but the weather was pretty yucky all morning. But by the time the luncheon (more of a dinner) began, the sun had come out and the sky was clear. It was still cold, but at least there was no precipitation. Such a blessing!

Here are a few photos of friends and family at the luncheon:

No comments:

Post a Comment