Friday, March 19, 2021

Claire Women Scriptures

 I visited my friend Julie today.  It was her birthday on Tuesday, so I stopped by to drop off a gift and ended up having a really nice visit with her.  We talked about school and our families and the pandemic and life.  At one point she was telling me that her daughter Claire is in a hard class this year and that she is so looking forward to Claire going to junior high and meeting new people.  She said there's a group of boys that are always telling the girls that they are worthless and that Claire had been beginning to internalize their words.  And that Claire was just struggling a little bit.  And she then told me that the "women in the scriptures week" that we did back in January was just exactly what Claire needed.  That each day Claire would read about these women and ask Julie if she knew about the great things these women did and that it really gave her a needed boost.  She also said that being called to serve as class president was also such a blessing for Claire.  

This made my heart so happy.  Back in November, the idea to do women in the scriptures week came and I knew immediately that it wasn't my idea.  That it was the Spirit and it was something we needed to do.  And I loved it.  And I could tell that at least a couple of the girls did.  But I also think that several of the young women probably didn't even look at it.  And sometimes in the past year I have felt discouraged by how little participation we have and by how it feels like we have lost some of our precious young women.  I keep reaching out...over and over...but some of them rarely respond.  And I will keep reaching out because I love them and the spirit keeps telling me to just make sure they know that they are loved and that that love is not dependent on ANYTHING they do.  So I will.  So I felt so happy to know that it made a difference for Claire.  I felt so happy to be reassured that it really had come from the spirit and that it really had been a blessing in at least one young woman's life.  And if it made a difference for one, then it was worth doing.  I'm glad Julie shared that.  And I'm so grateful for the Spirit.  And I'm grateful for valiant women, past and present!




No comments:

Post a Comment