Thursday, March 11, 2021

Text Natalie Post

 I had thought earlier that I should text my friend Natalie and see how she is doing.  But it was a busy day and I likely wouldn’t have responded.  But I read an IG post about grief and thought “Text her now.”  So I did.  She replied almost immediately and said:

“ You know the cool thingabout the holy ghost... is that he can go directly to you and you respond.  ;) I’m just listening to a come follow me podcast, being rather sad today.. thinking about being lonely and holding the book you sent me... and there you are.  I hope you are well today too!“


I didn’t know she was having a sad day but God did.  And the Holy Ghost not only gave me the thought to text her but inspired someone else to write a post that would be just the nudge I needed to reach out.  I wish I was so much better at responding to the promptings of the Holy Ghost.  I am not as good as I want to be.  But I am grateful that I am learning to listen better and that the Holy Ghost is a patient teacher.  How I want the Lord and the Holy Ghost to know that Jenny Panameno is someone who will respond, someone who will hear and hearken to the whispering of the Spirit.


Lesson learned:

When the thought comes to reach out to someone, do it!


Even when I don’t know others’ struggles, God does!

No comments:

Post a Comment