Monday, March 1, 2021

One Truth Selah

 Today was the first day of a new Multiply Goodness Study.  I'd decided not to participate because I have several things I'm trying to study right now and I just didn't feel like I had time to participate.  But I'd had this prompting in January to study the Psalms.  And I hadn't started that because--again--I was involved in several other studies.  So when I heard that the next Multiply Goodness study was focusing on the Psalms, I knew I should do it.  The study guide is called "Selah", a word found often in the Psalms.  This word is understood to mean "Pause and reflect"  but also "lift up and exalt."


Today's section was Psalm 117 and the devotional focused on one truth we would like those we love to know about God.  If we could only teach them one thing, what would it be?

I loved this comment shared under the devotional.  It was shared by a woman named Vickie.  She wrote that the past year has been difficult for her husband.  He had had major pain in his right shoulder when the pandemic hit last March.  One night the pain was so bad, he became suicidal.  Vickie asked her husband if he would like a blessing.  He said no and said it wouldn't help anyway.  She said the right words to say just came to her.  She sat down beside him and said, "Let me tell you about MY God."  Then she spent an hour sharing personal experiences with of the times HER God showed up when she reached out to Him.  And that that particular evening was no different.  As she talked, the Spirit came and her husband became calm.  It was a turning point for her husband.  He still had to wait four months for surgery and has had a long recovery, but he is progressing.  And, she writes, "through it all, my God was there."


LESSONS LEARNED:  Sometimes in times of trouble, telling of or remembering the times our God has been with us will help.


Listen to the Spirit and the Spirit can often guide you to know what to say or do when someone is in trouble or in need of help or comfort.

We worship a God of miracles, a God who loves, a God who is always there!

No comments:

Post a Comment