Sunday, March 28, 2021

Stuck New York

 Ella and I went to upstate New York for her 12th birthday trip.  We used buddy passes to fly there.  After our trip, we flew from Buffalo, New York to Boston.  And then we got stuck.   We sat in the airport all day because there was a chance we would make it on a later flight.  It wasn't fun.  Ultimately, we got stuck there until the next day at 7 PM so we got a hotel and got to see a bit of Boston the next day (that was a bright spot for me though Ella just wanted to get home!)  


Today in Young Women's we read 2 Nephi 9:6-16 and as we read in verse 6 and 9 about being cut off  or shut out from the presence of our God, I was reminded of that experience.  We were tired and weary and wanted to go home. But even more so, we were away from our loved ones.  We wanted to be reunited with them.  We were so eager and grateful to return to them.   A veil has been drawn over our memories, but I am certain that if we could remember how sweet our relationship was with our Savior and our Heavenly Parents, we would be even more eager to return to be with them.  I can think of nothing more awful than being shut out from the presence of God eternally and to be eternally separated from all those we hold dear.  I'm so grateful for the Atonement of Jesus Christ that allows me to repent and that overcomes both death and hell so that I can be joyfully reunited with my Heavenly Father, Heavenly Mother and Savior as well as all those on Earth that I have loved and lost for awhile.  

One of my favorite quotes is this quote from President Benson:  Nothing will surprise us more than when we get to heaven and see the Father and realize how well we know Him and how familiar His face is to us.”

How grateful I am for a plan that allows us to be reunited with Him!!

LESSONS LEARNED:

We don't have to be "cut off" forever from the presence of God.

Death doesn't have to be the end.

We want to be reunited with those we love.


No comments:

Post a Comment