Wednesday, February 3, 2010

better weeks

I've had better weeks. Many of them. Poor Gabrielle has been sick since last Friday. I took her to the doctor yesterday and she has an ear infection and probably RSV. The dreaded RSV. Good news is that she's old enough that she'll probably recover fine and not need to be hospitalized. In fact, she's doing much better today than she has been. Bad news is that she's miserable.

On top of her being sick and me missing work (down to no sick days left now!), I've been sick. Just a cold, but it's weird...only the left half of me seems to be affected. I"m congested on the left side; I've had a sinus headache on the left side most of the day, and I am pretty sure I have an ear infection...in my left ear. Bizarre and not too comfortable. I guess I should be grateful, because at least I can breathe (and I finally got some sleep last night...Gabrielle slept through the night for the first time in 3 or 4 days). But it is not pleasant. Oh well. Such is life.

I've been home 3 days and done no school work and only the bare minimum of house cleaning. I feel like I've accomplished nothing. But I've held Gabrielle for hours on end and watched more Disney Channel than I usually do in a couple of months. (That was to keep Ella happy...poor thing this hasn't been very fun for her either...mom is home but unwilling/unable to spend much time playing.)

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry Jenny. Sick kids are hard enough, but when you don't feel well too, it makes thing so much harder. I've had sick kids this week too. Hang in there. Let me know what I can do to help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh. I'm so sorry! I totally understand what you're going through. Lucca had his surgery which took 2 weeks for his to recover from, now he and Emma have RSV and are receiving breathing treatments at home, Emma vomitted EVERYWHERE the other night and now Jared and I are sick too. It's been a HORRIBLE start to the year for many other families too. Our Dr said that she had seen over 130 cases of RSV last week alone. CRAZY!!! I hope you're all feeling better quickly and that neither of the other girls catch it either. Love and prayers to you guys! Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete