Monday, February 1, 2010

Michelle-isms

As I mentioned in the last post, the girls are growing up so fast. So it brings me a sort of strange pleasure when Michelle says things that are grammatically incorrect but so cute. As a teacher, maybe I shouldn't be happy to hear grammar errors and with most I do echo the correct grammar back to my kids, but there are two things Michelle says that I think are just too cute to give up quite yet.

The first is a common error. She says "gooder". That candy is "gooder" than this one. And so on. She doesn't say "goodest"; she says best. And she's starting to correct herself sometimes when she says "gooder" so this isn't going to be around for long.

The second is my favorite. When something bad happens, she says "That better hurt." NOt meaning that she wants someone to be hurt, meaning that she thinks it must hurt. Examples: Gabrielle stepped on something and cut her foot and when Michelle saw it she said, "Wow! That better hurt." If she's watching tv and a character gets injured she'll exclaim, "That better hurt!" Too cute and funny.

6 comments:

  1. It's so fun to catch up on all the fun things you guys are doing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there,

    Your name popped up in my Google Alerts as having read and enjoyed my book. What a fun surprise for me - thanks for making my day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too Cute! And I love the ballet folklorico pics. How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is so stinkin' cute! Love her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so hard to let those cute little things go. They grow up so quickly, don't they?

    ReplyDelete