Sunday, February 7, 2010

Simple Pleasure (Family History Journal)

This week's Family History Journal topic is Simple Pleasure: Write about something you consider to be a simple pleasure? What makes it simple? What makes it a pleasure? How often do you enjoy this "Simple Pleasure"? How long has this been one of your simple pleasures?

I have several "Simple Pleasures". Probably my favorite is reading. There is nothing like curling up with a good book, and I make sure to find time to read every day. It is how I learn, how I relax, and often a way I connect to others. But as reading is such a big part of my life, and as I write about it regularly, I wanted to share a different simple pleasure.

Most evenings, I give myself a treat. Two of my favorite treats are hot chocolate and ice cream. So nearly every evening, I make myself a cup of hot chocolate or get a bowl of ice cream. I keep both on hand year round. I love Stephen's hazelnut hot chocolate and Stephen's Irish Creme hot chocolate as well as other flavors...but those are my favorites. I also love rocky road ice cream (preferably Dreyers or Breyers brands...I stock up when they go on sale) and mint chocolate chip. I am not a fan of sherbet or of cookie dough ice cream, but I'll eat most other flavors.

I don't know when I started indulging in these treats...but it's been years. Probably back when I was still in high school. That's me in high school. Got a bunch of photos from my mom when I was home in October so eventually I'll probably share some of them.

4 comments:

  1. Mmm! Hot chocolate is something I never used to drink a lot of, but lately, I find myself doing it more and more. Delish!! I must try the Hazelnut and Irish Cream kinds. They sound scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's not to lvoe about hot chocolate and ice-cream? Have you ever tried the two together? I have it's scrummy. Pick you fav hot chocolate flavour and mix in a 1/4 cup of icecream and it melts and makes the hot choc MORE creamy!!! Mmmmm! Love the photo too by the way ... you have barely changed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I love ice cream (or a little whipped cream) in my hot chocolate. It is delish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great pleasure to indulge in! :)

    ReplyDelete