Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Small Moments





It is the small moments that often bring us the most happiness. I sometimes get too caught up in all of the things that I need to DO and don't take the time I should to laugh and play with my kids. Reading The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin reminded me that it brings happiness to laugh and to spend time doing little things with my kids. So a few days ago, when it was raining outside, I went outside with Gabby and let her splash in the puddles and we threw these little berries off a tree and had a wonderful time getting wet and laughing together. It only took 10 minutes of my time, but made me feel so happy. I need to remember to do these little things that bring us joy.

I want to remember the lyrics from the song "Little Wonders" from the movie Meet the Robinsons,sung by Rob Thomas. Here is my favorite part of the lyrics.

let it slide,
let your troubles fall behind you
let it shine
until you feel it all around you
and i don't mind
if it's me you need to turn to
we'll get by,
it's the heart that really matters in the end

our lives are made
in these small hours
these little wonders,
these twists & turns of fate
time falls away,
but these small hours,
these small hours still remain.

No comments:

Post a Comment