Thursday, December 6, 2012

Real Life

About a week ago, my girls were talking about a teacher at their school and saying she was mean. Since neither of them have had that teacher, I asked why they thought that. They said a couple of kids said that. I said that perhaps those kids misbehave and that's why they think the teacher is mean. I then said that probably a couple of my students think I'm mean. They seemed very surprised (which is funny, because one of my darling daughters accuses me of being mean regularly) and asked why. I responded that when students misbehave, they receive a consequence or punishment. I said, "When we make mistakes, there are consequences. That's how real life works." Ella, without skipping a beat, replied, "That's why I hate real life."

No comments:

Post a Comment