Sunday, April 28, 2013

Journal Writing by Gabby

I have done pretty well so far at having my girls write in their journals each Sunday. Last Sunday, I asked Gabby what she wanted to write. She said she didn't. I said she could write about preschool or primary or our Family Home Evening lesson or her friends. She wasn't very enthusiastic at first, but after a minute, she said she wanted to draw a picture of the Bishop. I said she could draw a picture of him after she wrote something. Then she said she wanted to write, "I love the Bishop." I helped her spell the words, and she wrote the sentence. Then she began drawing a picture of him...but about halfway through, she said, "I don't really know how to draw boys. I'm gonna draw Sister DeLaMare instead." So she drew her primary teacher, Sister DeLaMare. Both Bishop and Sister DeLaMare got a kick out of her writing/drawing when I showed them.

No comments:

Post a Comment