Monday, April 22, 2013

Open hearts

I drive by a Baptist church on my way to work each weekday. I like reading their sign out front...sometimes it has clever sayings. This week the sign reads:

Open your mouth.
Open your heart.
Open your Bible.

This sign struck me. I think it is important counsel, although I think they have the order wrong. I think it should read.

Open your heart.
Open your Bible/scriptures.
Open your mouth.


I think we need to have an open heart and be ready to receive the promptings of the spirit and have our hearts filled with the love of Christ for our fellowman first.
Then we need to study the scriptures because that is how our Father often speaks to us and answers our prayers. Also, as we come to know the scriptures, we will know what to say to others.
Then, we should have the courage to open our mouths to share the gospel with others. If our hearts are open and our minds are filled with the scriptures, then we will know what to say and how to say it. Our words will have power.

No comments:

Post a Comment