Tuesday, June 10, 2014

End of Year Faculty Party

At the end of each year, we have a faculty party.  The past two years it was held at our vice principal's home.  But this year she was reassigned to a different school and we had a new vice principal.  So I volunteered to have the party at our house, in our backyard.

At one point, there was some thunder and a brief sprinkling of rain.  We would have made it work if it had started to pour, but it would have been rather crowded in my house if we had to move inside.  So we were all very thankful that it only sprinkled for a few minutes and then stopped and the sun came out.

Alfredo grilled hamburgers and hot dogs.  (He's such a good sport!   He spent countless hours working on the yard in preparation for this party. He is the best!)   Everyone brought food to share.  We talked, laughed and visited.  The kids jumped on the trampoline, played on the zipline and teeter totter and swing and slide.  Even our principal and vice principal hopped on the trampoline!








It was a fun party, and I am thankful that I have such great coworkers!  Many of them are among my dearest friends.  I didn't take as many photos as I should have, so I didn't get photos of everyone who came.  But we had a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment