Sunday, June 22, 2014

Family History Journal: My Testimony

I feel fortunate to have been a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints throughout my life.  I have a testimony of the truthfulness of the gospel.  I know that Jesus Christ lives and that He loves me.  I know that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, that He lived a perfect life, and that He suffered for my sins.  I know that because of His Atonement, I will be resurrected and can have eternal life.  I know that I am a child of God, a beloved daughter, and that I have an important mission to accomplish in this life.

I know that we have a living prophet on the Earth today.  President Thomas S. Monson is a good man, who has spent his life serving others and serving God.  He is a prophet of God, receives revelations for the church, and leads us as the Lord's mouthpiece.

I know the Bible and the Book of Mormon are the word of God.  I know they guide us and direct us and as it says in 2 Timothy 3:16, "All scripture is given by inspiration of God and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof,  for correction, for instruction in righteousness."  So many scriptures have touched and blessed my life.

I know that our prayers are heard and answered.  I have had countless experiences where my prayers have been answered. I know prayer helps bring my will in line with the will of God, and it  comforts me.

I know families can be together forever.

I am trying each day to become a little more Christlike, a little better at listening to and responding to the promptings of the Holy Ghost.  I am thankful that because of the Atonement, I can repent because I fall short daily.

I am so thankful for my testimony of these foundational truths and so many more things,

No comments:

Post a Comment