Wednesday, August 27, 2008

2 weeks old

I took Gabrielle for her 2 week checkup yesterday. She now weighs ... (drum roll, please...) 9 pounds, 11 ounces and 21 3/4 inches. She has gained nearly a full pound since she was born. The pediatrician said that at 2 weeks they just expect them to have regained their birth weight and added a couple of ounces. He kept saying what a great baby she is and how well she is doing. And it's true. She is a great baby. She eats well, sleeps well for a newborn and is a sweet baby. She fusses but rarely really cries.

My family is in town now from Arizona. It's so nice to have them here. Since they are here, we will bless Gabrielle on Sunday in sacrament meeting. I'll add some pics of Gabrielle with my family tomorrow, but I need to go feed her and try to get to bed in an hour.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're enjoying your baby!

    And I loved the pics of Dancing Ella. I could really see the movement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved seeing her today! She is beautiful! Some day I would love to hold her....and ever need a babysitter...I would watch all of your girls!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is so sweet! I am sorry we will miss her blessing...my brother is blessing his baby tomorrow too!

    ReplyDelete