Saturday, August 2, 2008

four days?

See that baby countdown ticker to the left? See what it says... four days left! Hooray. Obviously, that's not a guarantee that I'll have her in the next four days, but we're getting close. :) I'm excited to see her and hold her and watch my girls interact with her.

And I'm happy that I was able to work this past week and get my classroom ready and really feel prepared for my class to have a sub for the first 6 weeks or so. Today I've thought of about 3 or 4 things I should have/wish I had done. My plan is, if this baby doesn't come tomorrow, to go to school on Monday and meet my students. I have a doctor's appointment Monday afternoon, so I'll have to leave before the school day is over, but at least I'll be able to meet the kids and help the sub and maybe finish up a couple of last minute things that keep popping into my head. This has been a lot of work! But I did it!

We have a new principal this year. We were all a little nervous about that, but so far we really like her. We'll see how things go as the year progresses, but so far, she seems open, humorous and to the point. She made us laugh quite a few times, which seems like it will be a good thing. But she also got right to the point and didn't have our meeting drag on and on. Plus, she gave us nearly the entire week to work in our classrooms....Certainly no one is complaining about that, especially me!

Alfredo and I went out to dinner and a movie last night to celebrate our anniversary. Our anniversary is tomorrow... 7 years! But since tomorrow is Sunday, we decided to celebrate yesterday. We went to Cafe Madrid...it was our first time going there. It was a nice cozy little restaurant. The food was really good. We had a nice time. Then we went to see the Mummy. I'll probably do a post dedicated to Alfredo tomorrow, but just want to say I love my husband!

5 comments:

  1. Wow 7 years!! You make me feel old! Greg and I have been together for 16 years!! Wow, I am old!! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alfredo and I were also a lot older than you when we got married. I was 25; he was 26. So that makes a difference. Most of my friends in the ward that are my age have been married longer than us and have kids older than ours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary!!! It's always nice to get a date night in before a new baby arrives!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary!
    I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you can go to school Monday! Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete