Sunday, September 13, 2009

the circle of life

This afternoon, we watched most of the Disney movie The Earth as a family. It is very interesting and beautiful. It shows animals around the world and how they survive, migrate, find food and water, etc. It really was quite interesting; a lot like watching the Discovery Channel. Anyway, I really liked it and it made me really want to travel everywhere and see all these amazing places and animals. But my girls have sensitive hearts. They are both so sweet. They cried when a wolf caught a baby caribou and again when a pride of lions attacked an elephant. I tried to explain about the food chain and how it would actually be bad if all the caribou lived and so on. But Michelle and Ella were so upset to see animals killed. They are such sweet girls (at least most of the time and in most ways).

2 comments:

  1. If that's the movie I'm thinking of, the footage came from "Planet Earth" an amazing collection of wildlife DVDs, but I think it started as a series on Discovery Channel. You and Alfredo should really think about renting it from the library. It is seriously breathtaking! It will make you want to travel everywhere AND stay at home all at the same time! (some of those creatures are pretty freaky)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to check them out. Thanks Brandi!

    ReplyDelete