Wednesday, September 30, 2009

My dear Ella

Sweet Ella bo bella,

Have I told you today that I love you? You are turning into such a beautiful young girl. Here are some of the things I love about you at four years old.

I love your beautiful brown eyes that sparkle when you smile. Have you noticed that complete strangers will comment on them at the grocery store? They are beautiful. You are beautiful.

You love to be held and cuddled. You like to give hugs and to curl up in my arms. In fact, sometimes at church, you and Gabrielle fight over who gets to sit in my lap. Even though you are a "big girl", you still love to be held.

You are so sweet. Most days when Daddy gets home from work, you are the first one to say "Buenos dias, papi" and to give him a hug and kiss.


I love that you are trying to keep up with Michelle. You want to do what she does. You want to read the books she reads (even though I have to help you with all the words still) and you are always saying, "Let's do homework. I want to do homework too." (If only Michelle were always that excited about doing homework! Although she is usually pretty good about doing it.) You are so excited to start kindergarten next year.



I love how sweet you are with babies. You always want to hold Gabrielle, although now she is too busy to let you most of the time. You always ask to hold other friends' babies too.

I love your silly pouty faces (but I could do without your tantrums! At least you are not throwing tantrums as often as you used to!)



I love how close you are to Michelle and Gabrielle. You adore your sisters and usually you get along very well with them.

I love your burgeoning testimony of the gospel and your sweet faith.

But most of all, I love you! I am sorry that you are sick today, although I have enjoyed being home with you and getting time to cuddle. Get better my sweet girl. I love you!

2 comments:

  1. o no! Poor Ella! Sorry she is sick! :) LOVE YOU, Ella!!! Hope you feel better sooon, very, very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry that Ella was sick (I hope it's a "was" now) Get better quick!

    What a darling post. Ella is a really great little girl!

    ReplyDelete