Tuesday, March 4, 2008

baby news

I went to the doctor today. I had lost two pounds at my last checkup and gained 1 of them back today. So essentially, I've gained nothing so far. But I'm feeling good now, and I"m hungry and I'm starting to show just a little. I can still wear many of my regular clothes. I took my maternity clothes out on Saturday and was disappointed to realize that I had exactly 2 short sleeve shirts!! Both of my girls have been born in the spring, so the majority of my pregnancies has been in the winter. But this time my pregnancy will extend right through summer. I have several shirts that I absolutely love, and this may be my last chance to wear them. So I made an executive decision to start wearing some of my favorites now... even though I really could go a few more weeks in regular clothes. So I wore a maternity sweater yesterday and a cute top today. Tomorrow I think I'm wearing regular clothes, but sometime this week I have a very nice black top that I'm going to wear even though it's a little big.
Why let such lovely clothes go to waste?


Alfredo told the girls that I am pregnant a week ago. (I would have waited a little longer... it's still a long time away for them. Oh well.)

I walk in the door from work, and Michelle yells, "Mommy, are you really pregnant?"

Me: (Pause)... Did someone say that I was pregnant?

Michelle: Daddy did.

Me: Oh... well, yes, I am. We're going to have a baby.

Michelle (who has been asking for a brother for six months): Why? I don't want a baby.

Ella: I do. I want a sister. Can I see the baby right now?

Me: No. The baby has to stay in my tummy for quite awhile.

Michelle: Is it a brother or a sister?

Me: We don't know yet. We'll find out in 3 weeks (Side note: It's down to 2 now... 2 weeks from today. Hooray!)

Michelle: I do NOT want another sister. I want a brother.

Ella: I want a sister.

Now, Ella asks me almost daily if she can see the baby. Michelle keeps asking why I want another baby and what the baby will be like. She seems to have very mixed feelings. Sometimes she is excited and other times she says she doesn't want another baby.

4 comments:

  1. Let us know the outcome of the ultrasound! Don't worry, Michelle will work out her feelings. Just be open about yours and make sure she knows every minute how much you love HER and always will!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to find out what you are having!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! I have been cooped up in this house for so long I had no idea you are pregnant! We have a blog now too. www.chuckandaly.blogspot.com. We love your family, you guys are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aly,
    Don't feel bad about knowing. I really didn't tell anyone until the end of January and most people didn't know until the last few weeks.

    How are you and your sweet new baby? Michelle has been asking me when you'd be back at primary. She misses you. Hope you're doing well. If you're up to it, maybe we can get together sometime soon. We'd love to see you.

    ReplyDelete