Sunday, December 13, 2009

primary program

So, I've been meaning to post this for months. About 2 months. I'm a little slow.

We had our Primary program on October 25. The theme for this year was "My Eternal Family." The girls were ready; they both knew the songs and their lines. In the practice before the actual program, Ella sang louder than nearly all the other kids. She knew the songs and loves them. She would sing them at home and was excited for the program.

But my girls are a little shy. While they did sing, they sang quietly. When it was Ella's turn, I walked down with her to the podium but she clung to me and shook her head and wouldn't get near the microphone, so I ended up saying her line for her. And Michelle needed her line whispered to her but she did say it. Oh well. The most important thing is that they have learned a lot in Primary this year. Even if they couldn't remember the lines in front of everyone, they have testimonies of the Savior and of the importance of families.

I also wanted to do this post because of something cute and funny. Each Primary child drew a picture to go on the sacrament meeting program. Michelle had finished her drawing and then suddenly said, "Wait, I forgot Chester (our dog)." So she took it back and added a roof over all of our heads and drew Chester on the roof. Ella also drew Chester on her picture. I had to laugh though that Michelle drew Chester on the roof. That's where he spends much of his time. He is famous in our neighborhood. We've had strangers stop and ring our bell to tell us, and I've seen friends and strangers take pictures of our crazy dog. My friend Jackie told me that last Thursday she had her carpets cleaned. The guy who was doing it said, "I don't want to worry you, but I just saw a dog on the roof of one of your neighbor's houses." Jackie laughed and said she knew. Crazy dog!


Ella's drawing on the program. Sorry, I know it's light... she drew very lightly and I only got a copy and it was light.

Michelle's drawing. See Chester on the roof! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment