Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Tis the Season...

to party! :)

Been meaning to document all the great parties we attended during the month of December.

December 3: Our street Christmas party (adults only). Salad at the Whites. Dinner at the Hardings. Dessert and White Elephant gift exchange at the Petersons. Laughed until my side hurt. We received the best white elephant gift...a huge package of toilet paper. Thanks Sara! :) Our friends Dan and Heather wanted a coconut monkey holding a baseball bat. Alfredo asked his grandma to bring one from El Salvador, but the one she brought was holding a machete. So that was our white elephant gift...a fertility monkey for our neighbors. They are hoping it doesn't work. So much fun!

December 5: Ward Christmas Dinner at the church. Yummy food. Beautiful music. Chance to visit with friends and neighbors.

December 10: Book club Christmas Party: Favorite things: We had Cafe Rio style salads. Yum! Each brought our favorite holiday treat to share. Each told about a favorite holiday tradition or memory. Each brought a favorite book to exchange. Love my book club!

December 14: Alfredo's work Christmas Dinner: At the Roof Restaurant. Delicious food. So. MANY. YUMMY. Desserts. Great company. Lots of laughter. After, we went with Alfredo's boss Jeremy and his wife on a carriage ride around Temple Square. That was a lot of fun. It was Jeremy's idea and he treated us to the ride. What a great memory--and a great friend!

December 18: My last day of school... Potluck lunch at my school. Most teachers had been a Secret Santa to someone else all week, so this was our final exchange and we guess who our Secret Santa was. Mine was Gwenda, and she was wonderful. I got four containers of Stephen's Hot Chocolate. Homemade candy corn. Almonds. Candles. Bath and body soaps and stuff. Very fun.

December 31: Every year we go to a party at Alfredo's aunt and uncle's house. Have dinner around eleven PM. Stay up until midnight...if the girls can make it that long. Then I take them home to bed. Alfredo usually stays until 2 or 3. The girls play with cousins. We eat, we dance, we laugh.

I love the opportunity to spend time with friends and family, surrounded by yummy food and have so much fun laughing and talking and enjoying the company of those I love.

3 comments:

  1. You like to party all the time party all the ti-ime. (I know. dumb song, but I had to stick it in there anyway)
    How fun!
    anyway, I noticed on your "reads" list that you read Diary of a Wimpy Kid. What did you think? I bought that for Supe's birthday and I'm crossing my fingers that it's good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The third and fourth graders at my school are loving Diary of A Wimpy Kid, Brandi. I thought it was cute. Told from the point of view of a boy which was nice...there are not as many books about boys, especially realistic boys. He has real problems and seems like a real kid. It was very readable, and includes a lot of cartoons which were pretty cheesy but I think kids would like them. Well, I know kids do. I hope Supe enjoys the book! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for your book review! I can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete