Monday, August 13, 2012

Canada Trip, Nose Hill



My sister Suzy, my girls and I drove to Calgary, Alberta, Canada. It's about a 15 hour drive. (VERY long drive with 3 kids... but they did a great job.) We went there to visit our other sister, Rebecca, her husband Nathan, and their three amazing children, Evan, Sarah and Hannah.
So happy to have made it to Canada...although it was still a few hours until we made it to Rebecca's house.
We had such a great time. My sister lives just minutes from Nose Hill, a park/wildlife area with walking trails. The first day, we took the kids there and wandered around on different trails. There are two teepees hidden among the trees as well as lots of wildflowers, mushrooms, and squirrels(and even deer, coyotes, and other wildlife--which we didn't see during the day).







My beautiful niece Hannah. Look at her curly hair...just like Gabby!

Most evenings, after the kids were in bed, my sisters and I would take a walk through Nose Hill. We saw many deer on these walks, and we enjoyed visiting with each other. Since Rebecca lives so far away, we only get to see each other once every year or two, so it was wonderful to spend this time together. Both of my sisters are so incredible. Both are smart, talented, righteous women that are great examples to me...even though I'm their "big" sister, I look up to both of them.

Two nights before we left, I let my kids stay up a little bit later than usual so they could go on our walk with us and hopefully see some deer. We were fortunate enough to see quite a few deer. We saw a mom with two babies, as well as 5 or 6 other deer. The pictures aren't great...sorry.


No comments:

Post a Comment