Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Back to School

Last Wednesday was our first day of school...for me and for my two oldest children. Michelle is now in fourth grade and is so excited to have Ms. Darden as her teacher. We've heard great things about her. (In fact, when I was at a district meeting, I was talking to a district language arts coach. I mentioned that my kids go to Jackson and the coach asked if I knew Ms. Darden and then began to say what a remarkable teacher she is! :)) The first day was great for Michelle. She thinks Miss Darden seems really fun...she even salsa danced for a few minutes on the first day.

Ella is in second grade. She will have Miss Hair. Miss Hair was her Spanish teacher in kindergarten, but she has now moved up to second grade. Ella's class was so small by the end of the first grade that they combined the two classes into one class and they will have just one teacher who will teach in both languages. Ella loves Miss Hair, who uses puppets to teach the rules and engage the students in her lessons.(like Pepe the monkey and another puppet that's a cowboy and several others as well) So far, Ella loves second grade.

So the year is off to a great start! (My class is going to be both adorable and challenging. But I can do challenging. I certainly have before.)

Here are our traditional first day photos. They are growing so fast. Michelle is now officially an "upper grade" student. I can't believe it!





And here they are with my dear friend/colleague Brenda's daughter Aelora who is in Ella's class:

No comments:

Post a Comment