Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Reading, Writing and Crackers, Oh My!

A week ago when I went to the store, I bought a box of Cheezits, the Scrabble edition.



Gabby and I have had fun reading and "writing" (okay really it is spelling) words with the crackers. Sometimes I use the crackers to spell a word and then she sounds it out (with help, when needed) and blends it together to read the word. Sometimes she picks a word and I help her segment it (sound out each individual sound) and she finds the corresponding letters to make the word. It's reading and writing at its best, because food and fun are involved.

This can work with older kids as a way to practice their spelling list.

The morning I took these photos, she was so anxious to do it that we did it before she got dressed, had her hair done or did anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment