Tuesday, July 23, 2013

The Great Outdoors

One thing I'd like to be better at as a mom is getting my kids out into nature. They spend lots of time in the backyard/front yard and neighbor's houses. They are pretty active. But we're not campers (I like it but am inexperienced...Alfredo doesn't like it. I'd love to go but I don't feel confident to plan a camping trip on my own... so we don't go.) And when I am planning activities for my kids and I, hiking and other outdoor activities rarely come to my mind. But I know that there have been lots of times when I have felt the spirit, felt comforted, felt gratitude or felt peace when I was outside. I want my children to appreciate the beauty of the world their Father created for them. So last week, I decided that we would head up into the canyon after violin lessons. We drove around for awhile, just appreciating the beauty and the fresh air. Then we parked, and played in the river for awhile. We laughed, we enjoyed the gorgeous weather and enjoyed the time together. We need to do it more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment