Sunday, February 9, 2014

38 years young

I have been spoiled on my birthday. So many calls, well wishes and posts on Facebook. My children have sung every version of Happy Birthday they know...in English or Spanish. The girls have been so sweet. And Alfredo spoiled me rotten. I had two meetings today, so when I got home from my second meeting there were roses, balloons and a gift. And lunch was ready, with the table set beautifully. We had delicious pasta and soup. And the most delicious chocolate cheesecake.


After we ate, the girls couldn't wait for me to open my present. They had helped Alfredo pick it out. I got the warmest, softest sweatshirt that feels like having a blanket wrapped around me. I've been wearing it all day. I also got soft, cozy pajama bottoms. And Alfredo's cousin's husband went to Paris a couple of weeks ago for work. Alfredo gave him money to buy me a Hard Rock Cafe shirt from Paris. So very thoughtful.


The girls have done the dishes all day long. They planned and prepared Family Home Evening so I don't have to. They have been kind and lovely. Not perfect, but good kids.

My sweet sister came up last night to watch my girls so Alfredo and I could go to dinner and a movie. At dinner, my former roommate was waitressing, so we were seated almost immediately and had great service and wonderful time visiting with her. My aunt came to visit this evening and my dad and my mom and stepdad all called. I have been so blessed to have so many wonderful people in my life. I am touched on a regular basis by the expressions of love and appreciation I receive. It is hard to believe I am 38...I don't feel that old yet... but I have been blessed beyond measure for these past 38 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment