Thursday, April 17, 2014

Random Things to Remember

 Gabby does not like to color.  Well, that's not quite accurate.  She does not like to be given coloring homework.  She does not really like to color in coloring books.  She is more than happy to be given blank paper and be able to draw her own picture, but she hates being told to color things a certain way.  She DOES love to paint.  Loves it.  She also loves to play with play-dough.  A couple of weeks ago, she spent at least an hour on a Friday night playing with play-dough and making "dinner" for me.
 Gabby loves to make silly faces.  I am not sure what it is about taking photos, but all 3 of my kids tend to pose for the camera, make faces, and ham it up.   Also, recently Gabby has started calling me "Mama".   My other girls call me Mom or Mommy.  Gabby used to.  But now she calls me "Mama".  Do you like this, Mama?  I'm good at that, right, Mama.  Did you see me, Mama?  It is so sweet in her voice.
Michelle is growing up far too quickly for my liking.  However, it has been such a big help to have a child that is so responsible and that I can trust to be in charge of her sisters while I run short errands or visit sisters in the neighborhood.  She has made a new friend.  She asks nearly every Thursday and/or Friday if she can play with Peyton.  One evening a couple of weeks ago, we were able to have Peyton come spend about 3 or 3 1/2 hours at our house.  She is quiet and shy but she and Michelle have a great time together.

I am not sure why I snapped the following photos, but they sure are cute girls.  I am rather fond of them.  And as I said, they are hams.




I forgot to mention on my post about conference that Michelle was able to attend the Saturday morning session of conference.  My dad, her grandpa, got two tickets to conference and invited her to attend with him.  She was so excited.  She really enjoyed going.  This was the second time she has been able to attend conference in the conference center.

Michelle has this white board in her room. All 3 girls love to write on it.  They love to play school and put problems on it.  They make seating charts for their imaginary students.  They write each other notes on it.  Sometimes they write me notes.  (Some are naughty, some are nice.  One child likes to write angry notes when she gets into trouble.)  A couple of days ago, I walked into Michelle's room and saw that she had written notes about how great chores are.  (Lest you be deceived, this was written to convince her sisters to do their chores and not because she actually loves chores that much.  Still I thought it was cute.   Maybe I'll have to show her the picture next time she groans about doing chores.)



 We have a small tree house in our backyard.  Alfredo built it a few years ago.  But the wood floor was starting to rot, so Alfredo has torn most of it apart and is rebuilding it.  The girls have enjoyed helping him...holding wood in place as he screws it in, dragging wood to him, helping him measure, etc.  Michelle is our daredevil child, so she also has enjoyed using the wood as a balance beam.  It will be a few weeks until it is done, but I am sure it will be great.  The girls are very excited about it.

We are on spring break this week.  It has been lovely.  I have been lazy.  I had a list of things to get done, and I have not done most of them.  But I have played with my kids, taken them on a couple of outings, taken a couple of naps, read and relaxed.  I went to the temple with a couple of ladies in my ward.  I have enjoyed the beautiful spring weather.  We met Alfredo for lunch one day.  Today, Ella has been sick.  I think she slept for nearly four hours of the day.  I was able to lay down with her and snuggle under blankets for awhile.  It has not been as productive as it should have been, but it has been relaxing and fun.  I have had a chance to really reflect on my Savior and contemplate his Atonement.  It has been exactly what we needed to recharge and prepare for the last two months of school.  Oh, how very thankful I am for this family I have been blessed with!

No comments:

Post a Comment